Incharge Chairman (Lecturer)
Media and communications studies have been highlighted as the need of the time to promote mass communication in the country. Our goal is to achieve something that can be of benefit to journalists, researchers, policy makers, NGOs and academics. The Department of Media and Communication Storage aims to integrate it with traditional journalism and modern methods in a unique way.
The Department of Media and Communication believes that a liberal arts education and vocational training should be provided, so that students can be exposed to the contemporary environment. Media Studies at SBBU-SBA not only makes students professional in the media but also prepares leaders in the field of professional journalism.
The department offers practical education, which calls for theoretical research through professional knowledge and research. During the academic session, students are required to attend field visits for their extracurricular activities as well as media study practical exhibits.
The Department of Media and Communication was established in 2014. It is focusing on expanding critical knowledge of the role of mass media in contemporary times. The department is teaming up with its own FM radio stations to provide hands-on training on the latest broadcast equipment. Newspaper namely SBBU-Times will be published as laboratory publication of Media & communication Studies production by the help of student to fulfill practical need
In Career prospect the graduates can provide their services as Columnists, editors, correspondents, news analysts, anchors, photojournalists, program producers, online news editors, proofreaders and freelance writers (print & electronic media) and academicians in the societies.
Jobs as public relation officers in public and private sectors, federal and provincial departments, advertising agencies, NGOs/INGOs, educational institutions, business organizations, research institutions and news agencies.
The Department of Media and Communication Studies is to serve as one of the largest international bicorporation heritage entities in which modern ideas and enlightened voices will inspire the world for better change through communication.
The purpose of the Media and Communication Studies field is to combine the philosophy of communication with the media and society to foster new ideas in the field of mass communication. The department is providing these students with hands-on training that is affecting the natural value offered to them so they can work in the field as well as society.
1) Enhance the understanding of students towards media in the age of globalization.
2) Make students demystify the general and practical reporting, subbing and so forth.
3) Enable the students demonstrate effectively the written and oral communication.
4) Enable the students think critically and produce creative work.
5) Develop students' skills to use quantitative tools of data presentation and analysis.
6) Prepare students to Use information technology to solve wider issues of society.
7) Enhance communication and interpersonal skill of students.
8) Develop problem solving and decision making skills among students by engaging them in different activities and applied projects.
9) Enable students understand and analyze issues and situations having ethical and legal implications of media.
10) Develop students' aptitude to understand changing environment of practical reporting.
11) Work towards advancement of human intelligence and to the promulgation and development of knowledge in the wider areas of media.
Media education is conspicuously of vital importance in the age of globalization. It trains the students how to work effectively and professionally in the journalism life. The field of journalism, to that end, is considered to be a major contributor towards society.
The field of Media Studies has emerged briskly in the last decade. It is an undeniable fact that the world is moving ahead and we still lag behind. To that end, we need to have professional, well skilled, proficient, and industrious talent in the field of media.
Incharge Chairman (Lecturer)
M.phil(Media Studies) from SALU Khairpur Mir’s
M.phil (Media Studies)
Department of Media Studies provides a blend of practical skills with critical analysis. This advanced type of education program aims to develop each student's creative abilities. The course is designed to meet current professional standards as well as discovering ways to combine creative ideas with new technologies.
Upon completion of studies the students will receive a degree of BS in Media Studies with one of the given specializations.
1. Print Media
2. Electronic Media Production
3. Advertising and Public Relations
4. Communication Research and Theory
5. Organizational Management and Communication
|1||Introduction of Mass Communication||3|
|4||Computer Skills for Media (Compulsory)||3|
|1||News Writing (English/Urdu/and Sindhi)||3|
|2||Writing and presentation Skills (English II) Compulsory||3|
|4||Functional Urdu / Sindhi (Compulsory)||3|
|2||Editing news/ Copy edit ( English/Urdu/Sindhi)||3|
|3||Communication Skills English||3|
|1||History Of Mass Media||3|
|2||Introduction to Social Sciences||3|
|1||Advertising Theories & Practice||3|
|4||Contemporary World Media||3|
|2||Mass Media Research-I||3|
|3||Public Relations Theories & Practice||3|
|5||Media Laws & Ethics||3|
|1||Radio & TV Production-I||3|
|4||Contemporary News & Views||3|
|5||Mass Media Research-II||3|
|1||Radio & TV Production II||3|
|2||Mass Media Seminar||3|
|3||Media & Culture||3|
|5||Final Project / Thesis||3|