In charge Chairman
The department of statistics was established by Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University in 2017. In the year 2018, first batch was enrolled in BS-Program. At present Department offers one program, where Bachelor of Science 4 years (8 Semesters) program is offered at undergraduate level. The Department of Statistics has thoroughly updated curriculum of this programs as per the guidelines of HEC and international standards in order to cater the needs of undergraduate students. In addition to course work in the major areas, curriculum includes core courses in all major areas of Statistics, and supporting course work in mathematics, communication, economics, Business Administration and information systems.
The department of statistics, aspires to become a leading internationally recognized teaching and research department in Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University to create and disseminate knowledge which contributes in making pakistan and the world a better place.
The mission of the department of statistics is to contribute to the overall objectives of the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University and the affiliated colleges through excellence in research and education services to the teaching community, professionals and society at large.
1) To educate the students of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University and affiliated colleges in basic principles of statistical reasoning and statistical methods for data collection, analysis, and visualization through a range of introductory and intermediate courses and postgraduate diploma.
2) To provide specialized training for students interested in careers in statistics or in pursuing graduate programs in statistics or related fields; to develop a strong quantitative background in statistics and data analysis for students pursuing a degree in another field.
3) Deliver a high-quality statistics program for our majors and minors that prepares them for either the workplace or further study in graduate programs.
4) Offer service courses for the university that meet the needs of the various majors and enhance the statistical literacy of the students.
5) To contribute to the advancement of science and technology through interdisciplinary research, jointly with scientists at the University of Karachi and at other research institutions and develop a research culture in society in general.
The degree in statistics is professional degree that prepares students for careers in the public and private sector as statistical data analyst in businesses, consultancy firms, financial institutions, and applied research firms. They also may find jobs in international organizations (World Bank, IMF, International Labour Organization etc.), Government ( All Ministries) and non-profit organizations (Non-government organizations, universities and other teaching/non-teaching jobs).
In charge Chairman (Lecturer)
M.Phil(Statistics) from SAU Tando Jam
H.S.C. Part-II Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical, General Science, Commerce, Humanities, passed with at least 45% marks.
|3||English-I (Functional English)||3|
|5||Principles of Economics (General-I)||3(2+1)|
|1||Introduction to Probability Distributions||3|
|5||Introduction to Business Administration(General-III)||3|
|1||Basic Statistical Inference||3|
|3||Introduction to Computer and its Applications||3|
|4||Principles of Marketing (General-V)||3|
|1||Index Numbers and Time Series||3|
|2||Introduction to Regression and Analysis of Variance||3|
|5||Human Resource Management (General-VII)||3|
|3||Design & Analysis of Experiment-I||4(3+1)|
|3||Design & Analysis of Experiment-II||4(3+1)|
|5||Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualization||3|
|3||Time Series Analysis||3|
|4||Operations Research (Elective I)||3|
|3||Categorical Data Analysis (Elective-III)||3|
|4||Statistical Quality Control (Elective-IV)||3|