The Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University is newly established university located in the center of Sindh province. Our faculty is well equipped to face the global challenges of the 21st century. Office of the research innovation and commercialization has initiated its work after the notification of Higher Education Commission. The objective of the establishment of the ORIC is to develop, expand and enhance the university research programs and to link research activities directly to educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community. ORIC provides training, research, information sharing, internal control solutions strategic management, policies and various ideas to improve and assist the national/international organization to esteem their performance.
"To be ranked amongst the best in research excellence and its market utility."
1) Promote a vibrant, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment for conducting quality research with an aim to grow knowledge economy.
2) Strengthen university-industry linkages to formulate collaborative ventures with the corporate community and continuously improve SBBU curricula for meeting corporate needs .
3) Develop strong and long-term bonds with policy making and research funding agencies to support research, development, innovation and commercialization incentives.
4) Through business incubation and research/innovation park, promote entrepreneurship amongst SBBU faculty, staff and students.
"Transforming research into prosperity"
The Objectives for ORIC are as follows .
1) Enhancing research culture.
2) Promoting inter/cross disciplinary research.
3) Building university - industry linkages.
4) Provide socio-economic benefits to the society.
5) Inculcating entrepreneurship among researchers.
6) Generating intellectual property through research, innovation, and commercialization.
7) Establishing technological & innovative environment.
8) Augmenting capacity building of research/corporate community.
Manager Research & Development