School of Media Science
Bachlors in Media Science
The Media Studies has been projected as need of the day for the promotion of mass communication in the country. Our goal is to achieve a mode that can be beneficial for journalists, researchers, policy makers, NGOs and academic scholars. The department suggests to mix-up old journalism and new ways of doing it with unique style. .
The Media Studies department believes that a liberal art education and professional training must be provided so that pupils are ready to face contemporary environment. The Media Studies at SBBU-SBA prepares students not just only to become media professionals but also leaders in the field of Media & Communication Studies.
The department offers practical education, which is supported by professional knowledge and demanding theoretical inquiry through research. During academic sessions students are required to join field visits for practical exposure of Media Studies in addition to their extracurricular activities.
Introduction of Media Studies
The obvious strength and growing importance of Media Studies need higher studies and scientific research to look into the issues with depth and draw some solid conclusions for the benefit of society. In this era of rapid development in information technology, everyone is concerned with the negative and positive effects of the information revolution and changing horizons of the mass media. .
We believe in liberal education and professional training which is rooted in the science and arts. Therefore, our basic mission is to prepare our students to think creatively and critically. We prepare our students to lead mass communication field and responsible citizens of their communities and in public life specifically. We obligate our mission in interactive, dynamic and intellectually challenging environment. Our mission is to produce research graduates, well familiar with theoretical framework and methodology of research, we believe to produce media graduates to critically analyze media contents and to practice the application of basic knowledge in the field and to provide leadership of national and international level. Simply we believe in creation of knowledge rather than memorization of knowledge. .
Print & Electronic Media: columnists, editors, correspondents, news analysts, anchors, photojournalists, program producers, online news editors, proofreaders and freelance writers (print & electronic media) and academicians. .
Jobs as public relation officers in public and private sectors, federal and provincial departments, advertising agencies, NGOs/INGOs, educational institutions, business organizations, research institutions and news agencies. .
Department of Media Studies will be the leading institute countrywide for imparting quality in Media education, skills and values to its students thereby enabling them to become socio-economic change agent for the country. .
Our mission is to become the major source and momentum in the media sector and social development in the field of journalism and modern media of Pakistan by producing professional graduates. .
1) Develop students' understanding of basic knowledge in areas of practical journalism.
2) Prepare students to understand general and practical reporting and subbing.
3) Develop students' ability to demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
4) Promote creative and critical thinking among students.
5) Develop students' skills to use quantitative tools of data presentation and analysis.
6) Prepare students to Use information technology to solve business problems.
7) Enhance communication and interpersonal skill of students.
8) Develop problem solving and decision making skills among students by engaging them in different activities and applied business projects.
9) Develop students' ability to understand and analyze issues and situations having ethical and legal implications for in media.
10) Develop students' aptitude to understand changing environment of reporting by engaging them in practical activities.
11) Promote among students personal and professional integrity.
12) Contribute to advancement of human intelligence and to the promulgation and development of knowledge and understanding in the media domain.
Media education is notably of vital importance in today's era, it trains human skill to be effective and professional journalist for tomorrow and hence the field is considered to be a major contributor in the field of journalism.
The field of Media Studies has grown rapidly in the last decade. One cannot deny the scope of the field, the global world is changing and in future we need to have professional, well skilled, proficient, and industrious talent in the field of media sciences.