|Mr. Abdul Rauf Laghari|
The department of business administration was established by Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University as its pioneering department in 2012, since that day, it has been contributed to the cause of business education in particular and various university activities in general. The Department of Business administration is largest one in university in terms of student enrollment which stands around 500.
At present Department offers three programs to cater the need of undergraduate and graduate students. Bachelor of Business Administration 4 years (8 Semester) program is offered at undergraduate level, Master of business Administration 2 years (4 semesters), Master of business Administration 3.5 years (7 semesters) and M.Phil in Buinsess Administration is offer at postgraduate level.
Department of Business Administration has thoroughly updated curricula of all programs as per the guideline of HEC and international standards. In addition to course work in the major areas, the curriculum includes core courses in all functional areas of business, and supporting course work in mathematics, communications, statistics, and information systems.
At present department have 15 faculty members and most of them have to their credit education and training from reputed universities of Pakistan as well as from abroad.
Department of Business Administration will be one the leading institute countrywide for imparting quality business education, skills and values to its students thereby enabling them to become socio-economic change agents for the country.
Our mission is to become the major source and momentum in the economic and social development of rural Sind and at large for Pakistan by producing business graduates who are will be leaders, professionals, and a trained support system. This is accomplished by providing an integrated set of applied learning opportunities to students for effective management of modern organizations and entrepreneurial business enterprises.
1. Develop professionals with managerial thinking skills in all functional areas of business administration.
2. Educate students to demonstrate personal and professional leadership at work place and community environment.
3. Develop demonstration of team-based skills in students for solving business problems.
4. Promote the culture of applied business research in the different disciplines of business administration in students and faculty members.
5. Develop communication and interpersonal skills in students.
6. Provide practical learning opportunities to student through internships, projects, workshops and case studies.
7. Promote culture of ethics and equality among students.
1. Students will develop a strategic level of understanding in key functions of business-accounting, economics, finance, international business, management, management information systems, marketing, operations, and statistics.
2. Students of Business Administration will develop conceptual business foundations to solve practical decision-making problems, both individually and as part of teams using techniques such as case analysis, projects and assignments.
3. Students will learn to operate effectively in a variety of team roles and take leadership roles.
4. By learning advance and applied methods of research students will develop an understanding of using information and knowledge effectively and will be ready to apply learned technique in real world business conditions.
5. Students will learn the art of using communication and interpersonal skills in professional life.
6. Graduating students will have an integrated knowledge and established ability to perform as management professionals,
7. Students will develop skills to recognize and address ethical issues and values and apply them in organizational settings.